Looking for more professional development opportunities? Check out courses currently being offered through WEA and Pilchuck Uniserv: Pilchuck UniServ Council Home Page
Are you looking for special education professional development? Check out which courses are currently being offered through WEA - Special Education (washingtonea.org)
Registration is now open for WEA's STEM courses, which include STEM in Sports, Gamification and Game-Based Learning. Using games in teaching can help increase student participation, foster engagement, and motivate students to take risks.
As a reminder, teachers with STEM-related endorsements are required to complete the STEM certificate renewal requirement. Register now to ensure that you complete your clock hours in plenty of time to submit for certificate renewal. Clock hours available at no cost.
The following synchronous WEA STEM courses are available via Zoom:
- Introduction to Game-Based Learning in the Inclusive Classroom. Nov. 7, 4-7 p.m.
- STEM Integration and Inclusionary Practices (15 clock hours), Nov. 8, 15, 22, 29. 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Advanced Gamification in the Inclusive Classroom, Nov. 14, 4-7 p.m.
- Introduction to Gamification in the Inclusive Classroom, Dec. 5, 4-7 p.m.
- eSports in the Inclusive Classroom, Dec. 7, 4-7 p.m.
- Advanced Game-Based Learning in the Inclusive Classroom, Dec. 9, 4-7 p.m.
- The Attuned Educator: Accelerating Literacy. (STEM hours NOT available for this course). Dec. 12 and 13, 4-7 pm.
- STEM in Sports, Jan. 6, 9, 13, 20, 23, 2023. 4-6 p.m.
The following asynchronous STEM courses are available through Canvas. Learn when you want, where you want.
- STEM for Primary (K-6) Educators (15 clock hours)
- STEM for Secondary (6-12) Educators (15 clock hours)
- STEM Integration and Inclusionary Practices (15 clock hours)
- STEMizing your Instruction (15 clock hours)